Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why?

I overheard one the female human, I believe they call her mommy, talking about going to the store today. She said that the police and a fire truck were in the parking lot.

She found out that another human had left her 2 dogs in the car with the windows rolled up while she went shopping. It has been hot here, very hot; they said it was near 100 degrees today. I, being a dignified feline, am not a fan of those heathen canines, however, I would never wish for one to suffer. Why would a human do that? Don't they know we can't open car doors? Don't they know how hot it gets inside a car in just a short period of time? Why didn't she leave them home with some a/c (and preferably with a responsible feline to keep watch over them?)

I have heard that sometimes humans do this to their own kittens. It furthers my beliefs that humans are not the brightest of creatures. It truly bothers me that they can be so irresponsible, and heartless.

Heartless. That brings me to something else I have heard. It seems that in just a weeks time, not one, but two dogs have died due to their humans leaving them outside all day without a drop of water.

To you human beings, who may be reading this, I ask: How would you like it if I left you outside alone in the heat with no shade or water? Us cats and dogs, may walk on four legs, be unable to open doors, or do many of the things you can do, but we live and breathe just as you.  We need water and food to survive. We are affected by the sun and the heat just as you are. How dare you be so absorbed in your own life that you just forget our basic needs.  Perhaps you should reconsider having us share your home if you are unwilling to even give us basic consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment